Saturday 7 November 2015

A Little Moment of Pride


The Assam Tribune is one of the oldest and most reputed English daily Newspaper from Assam, India. It was founded in 4th of August 1939. First published from Guwahati, it is now published simultaneously from Guwahati and Dibrugarh. It has a huge readership in Assam and is the highest circulated English daily in the entire North-East India. I grew up reading the Assam Tribune, right from childhood - schooldays - college. I could recollect the fine morning, I checked my Engineering entrance examination results in the same Newspaper. I was pretty relieved. I've left Assam almost a decade ago to earn my bread. Like many other things back home, I also miss the Tribune, the smell of its print, refreshing. I do read it online though.

Today, when I read the book review of my debut book "Story of Tublu" published is The Assam Tribune, I was overjoyed and thrilled. I felt content, a little moment of pride.

You can read the review here.




Grab a copy of my debut book Story of Tublu from Amazon or Flipkart. It is a Contemporary Fiction novel, published by LiFi Publications Pvt Ltd. The book has its share of drama, that entertains; humor, that makes one reminisce; love, friendship and emotions that defines the amazing journey that is, life. 
http://www.amazon.in/dp/9382536752/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk
http://www.flipkart.com/story-tublu-amazing-journey-called-life-english/p/itme5ykrc7zsntk5
 

28 comments:

  1. Congrats Jahid. I am sorry that I missed the review while reading The Assam Tribune because normally I don't read the magazine section. And greetings from Guwahati :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sunil sir :) That's okay, I'm sure you have turned the pages after reading this post :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! what an achievement!
    Hema (http://hemas-mixedbag.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good going, Jahid. When is your next novel coming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomichan sir :) yeah, just started working on it, don't know how long it would take, might be a year or so.

      Delete
  4. That's really great , congrats Jahid, very nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations ! Jahid once again !

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is relay great and congrats and Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you, Jahid. Seeing a review in the paper you have emotional bonding would be such a delight.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alok. Yes, it was a great feeling, started to read the newspaper from childhood.

      Delete
  8. Congrats! That must have felt so good! A moment of pride indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shaivi :) Yes, it felt really good.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...