Saturday 25 April 2015

For The Sake of Humanity



life was different then; loud music escaped from almost every room, guys desperately looked for a matchbox late in the night, holding cigarettes in their hands; those blistering laughter and the frequent booze. If one would take a stroll around the hostel in the evening, he could have possibly got a taste of all form of music including folks songs, Bollywood numbers, modern/classic Regional songs, Pop, Rock and Metal music amongst others. There were quite a few Metal freaks including my room-mate, Nair. We worshiped Metal songs regularly those days. Well, this is the kind of music which can be enjoyed best at a little roaring sound. Our room had two big speakers attached to our music system.

We had a senior named Houkib. I hope I've spelled the name correctly. Houkib was from Manipur and he was a true Christian. He was a guy of cool temperament and during our stay in hostel we had never witnessed a moment when Houkib drifted away from his coolness. Quite often he was occupied in his room reading or singing Gospel songs together with his friends. His room was a couple of rooms away from ours. Houkib was among the guys who sleep early and wake up early. After dinner, it happened quite a few times that I and Nair were inside our room, enjoying some metal songs, relaxing. Houkib would enter with his usual smile, but also with a little bit of discomfort on his face, this time. I and Nair were little curious as he wasn’t a frequent visitor. Houkib would stand near the music system, pick a few audio cassettes one after another and had a close look at them. After a few moments he would reduce the volume, smile and say "For the sake of humanity!"



Grab a copy of my debut book Story of Tublu from Amazon or Flipkart. It is a Contemporary Fiction novel, published by LiFi Publications Pvt Ltd. The book has its share of drama, that entertains; humor, that makes one reminisce; love, friendship and emotions that defines the amazing journey that is, life.

http://www.amazon.in/dp/9382536752/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk


http://www.flipkart.com/story-tublu-amazing-journey-called-life-english/p/itme5ykrc7zsntk5

12 comments:

  1. I can sympathize with Houkib...I am too sleep early and get up early guy and don't like getting disturbed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually good Alok Sir :) Early to Bed Early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise. You are a perfect example of this. Thanks for dropping by, dude!!

      Delete
  2. Your post reminded me of my young days:) Loud music disturbs me now (something about ageing ear drums I am told) but I never object because I know I am guilty as accused

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post, Lata :) and could refresh your good old days. Yes, I can understand the ageing ear drums. Also, yes, we shouldn't object. Thanks a lot for dropping by!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Murthy Sir :) Thanks for dropping by!!

      Delete
  4. :) Such a college life story! Your friend Houkib seems to have a knack for being honest without being confrontational or displeasing, something a lot of people could learn from! Incidentally, I like to think I would be you or your friend Nair here, though with age I find myself unwillingly drawn towards being Houkib...

    PS: I read a review of Story of Tublu on someone's blog and it sounded so interesting, I'm going to pick it up soon. I'm sure it'll be a great read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Houkib had a very pleasing personality. Nice to know you are one of us :) Glad you found Story of Tublu interesting. Do read my book and share your review :) Thanks a lot for visiting out here!!

      Delete
  5. :) for the sake of humanity! haha.. good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe glad you enjoyed the post, Meera :)

      Delete
  6. If you ever suspect your spouse of infidelity and need some proof to guide your claims. I kindly recommend you to this Cyber genius hacker on ' hackingloop6@gmail .com, his tracking app can give you remote access to your partner's social media activities, and GPS tracker to keep you on the know to their locations at every given time. Blind trust has made most of us never thought that cheating would happen to us. If you suspect that your spouse is cheating, you’re most likely feeling a plethora of negative emotions, from anxiety to anger, cheating is a genuine situation that can happen to anyone. 'hackingloop6@gmail .com, is also reachable on WhatsApp +1(484)540 - 0785, his services are legit and affordable, let him know that I referred you to him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...