Quite often I came across "Liebster Award" related posts, to be honest I was a bit confused and never even bothered to understand it. There are so many awesome bloggers and I feel myself a toddler out here. But Friday night when I received a comment from Rajni in one of my post, where she mentioned "you have been nominated for the Liebster Award". I was little confused and immediately visited the mentioned URL. I was so much delighted to see my name, along with my blog link, in her list of nominated bloggers. But what was that for? As it was a Friday night, so I didn't waste much time to understand that and thought to Goole it out later. In the next morning, I received one more similar kind of comment from Deepak. I had some idea that it would certainly be some kind of appreciation for my blog but I was totally blank. I opened the link that was mentioned in Deepak's comment. Wow! I didn't have to google it any more, as Deepak explained it so perfectly in his post. I got to know that Liebster Blog Award is basically a blogger to blogger award. The award is usually given to upcoming new and deserving bloggers. OMG! I felt so honored and was really inspired to continue blogging
Right from my childhood, I was never a good reader and writing was simply out of context. But few months back, not very sure, why and how I started to write? Initially I started to post my shits in Facebook. I was very delighted to see few comments on my posts and those comments encouraged me to write more. Later I started to post quite frequently in Facebook. Some of my friends and college seniors always appreciated me and encouraged me to write more. I would like to thank my good friend Diganta and two of my college seniors Paromita Ba and Pratibhu Da, who inspired me to start a blog of my own. I didn't have much idea about blogs and all, so I had to google a bit. After a few days, many of my school and college friends were very much surprised, when I started my own blog and everyone wonder and few of them even asked me "How cum all of a sudden you started to write now a days? What happened to you?"
I thank Rajni and Deepak from the core of my heart for nominating my blog for the award. Honestly, it means a lot to me. Now I am again little confused "since I got two nominations, do I have to write two posts or single post would be fine?" Since I got my first award from Rajni, I dedicate this post to her.
As per the rule, I must write 11 things about myself. OK, here they are:
1. I was born and brought up in Bongaigaon, a town is Assam
2. Sorry to say, but I am a true atheist, right from my childhood
3. I did my schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya BRPL. But our school doesn't exist now a days, as few years back it became DPS(Delhi Public School)
4. I did my engineering from Assam Engineering College(AEC), in Computer Science and Engineering
5. I enjoy Rock and Metal music
6. I like to travel to new exotic places
7. I am quite lazy and was never competitive throughout my entire life.
8. Presently I work for a company named Onmobile Global Ltd, as an Engineering Lead
9. I am a big fan of thriller movies and watched most of the Hollywood thrillers.
10. I am extremely cool kind of person and don't usually take unnecessary tension.
11. Presently I am some kind of settled in Bangalore and stay with my wife Anjali and our little angel Jia
My answers to Rajni's questions:
1.Your favorite flower?
2.Which period of Indian History do you like the most?
The golden age of the Maurya Empire
3.Your favorite woman Politician Indian or International/?
Mamta Didi, she keeps on entertaining
4. Favorite Indian singer?
5 Favorite Indian sports person
5 .Favorite food item
6. Favorite book
Haven't read any book since a long time. I read a few of the Sidney Sheldon books, during my school days. I remember during my college days, once I visited Delhi and finished one book in the train journey from Guwahati to Delhi. The book was "Tell Me Your Dreams" by Sidney Sheldon.
7 What do you prefer to listen to violin or sitar
8. Favorite gazal singer
Not much into gazal but I like few of the Gulam Ali songs and particularly "chupke chupke, raat din..."
9 Do you have stage fright?
10 Do you prefer reading the news paper to watching news on Television?
Watching news on TV
11.Do you think blogging is very helpful in stress management ?
The bloggers I nominate for the award are:
My questionnaire for those I nominated:
1. Name your top 5 favorite movies.
2. Name your top 5 favorite actors
3. Mention 3 things which give you happiness
4. Give one reason to justify that you feel patriotic about your nation
5. One good thing you have done in life and you are still proud of that. If no then simply answer as "I haven't done any such thing yet"
6. One mistake you have committed and still regret for that. If no then simply answer as "I haven't committed any such mistake till now"
7. Describe briefly "one happiest moment of ur life which you still cherish"
8. One thing which you definitely don't want to miss "if you have the opportunity to become invisible for one whole day"
9. How many hours you usually spend in a week for reading/writing blogs?
10. How many hours of TV you watch daily
11. The reason you write?
Finally I would like to thank Rajni and Deepak, one more time for recognizing me as a blogger. I don't know the rules properly, but for Deepak's nomination, I would write one more similar kind of post, as I don't want to miss the opportunity to nominate 11 more wonderful bloggers.